Leadership Roundup

Leading worship isn’t just about music. It’s also about leading people: the people on your team and the people in your congregation.

There are so many great articles on leadership being posted online, and I’m finding new ones every week. So that means it’s time for this week’s Leadership Roundup.

Below you’ll find some of the best leadership resources I came across this week. Save them to Instapaper or Pocket or Read It Later or your bookmarks, and check them out when you have some time this weekend. Be challenged and be encouraged. Be a better leader.

Remember, these are just excerpts, but I strongly encourage you to click through and read each post in its entirety.

Steve Keating with a great reminder that respect needs to be earned, sometimes repeatedly:

There is no such thing as unearned respect. Your position or title doesn’t earn you respect; people may respect your position or title and they may respect the office you occupy but that doesn’t mean they respect you. That kind of personal respect must be earned and re-earned frequently.

Scott Williams on three key aspects of leadership:

It doesn’t matter how many leadership books you read, how much leadership intellect you have or if you have obtained an awesome leadership role. There are 3 Non-Fundamentals Of Leadership.

Sean Doherty on what icebergs can teach us about leadership:

We’ve all heard our parents say “study hard and all the prep work will pay off on test day!” As a child I would always laugh and say “yeah right…” But as I have grown it’s become more obvious that spending extra time preparing for things really does pay off. Whether it’s a test, possible relationship, or our life in general, we cannot afford to just wing it. In comes the iceberg principle of leadership. An iceberg actually only has a little over 10% of its body visible. The other 90% percent is hidden beneath the surface.

Jonathan Pearson reminds us that leadership often means keeping the peace:

One of the great things about leaders is their ability to push people forward to accomplish more than they thought they ever could on their own. Leadership is influence. I think most of us have that understanding. One of the often overlooked principles, though is a leader’s ability to bring peace to uneasy circumstances…

2 thoughts on “Leadership Roundup”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *