October is Pastor Appreciation Month. If you’re looking for ideas, here are a few easy and inexpensive ways to appreciate and encourage your pastor or worship pastor.
- Send him a handwritten thank you note for all he does
- If your church podcasts his sermons, share his latest sermon on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Three words: Amazon gift card (or iTunes gift card)
- Let him win at Words With Friends (this might just be my pastor)
- If he has young kids, offer to babysit so he and his wife can have a date night or even a weekend away
- If he’s single, provide him with a home-cooked meal
- Thank him in person for a theological issue that you now understand because of his teaching
- Pray for him, and send him a note to let him know
- Take him out to lunch
- Buy him some worship CDs
- If he doesn’t have an admin assistant, help with folding bulletins or other clerical work
- Get him tickets to a worship concert or to hear one of his favorite speakers
- Make a list of 99 things you love about him and nail it to the church door (okay, maybe don’t do this one)
What have you done to appreciate your pastor or worship pastor this month? What else should I have on the list?